Skip over navigation

Dominion Building

Steelguard Ltd were pleased to have been awarded the contract for the refurbishment of the steel windows in Wellington's Dominion Building. This contract was awarded after a thorough and comprehensive review of the refurbishment options. Designed by Crichton, McKay and Haughton and built in 1928, the Dominion Building was home for many years of Wellington's Dominion Post newspaper. Located on the corner of Mercer and Victoria Streets, the impressive curving frontage is made of stone imported from Caen in France. On the 10th September 1982 the Dominion Building was given an NZ Historic Places Trust Category II classification - a site of cultural or historical significance. Today the Dominion Building has one floor of retail, four floors of commercial office space, and 31 apartments.